Sales leadership needs to understand why they’re losing (and winning) deals
One of the most impactful ways to improve sales is to complete a Lost/Won/No-decision analysis. It provides valuable insight on how your prospect/customer made their decision and how they view your organization and sales team.
- Understand current sales process, value proposition, differentiation points, sales stages, buyer personas, ideal customer profile, competitors, sales tools used, etc
- Analyze closed opportunity data. Summarize by deal size, revenue, sales rep, location, opportunity rank, sales stage length, sales rep lost reason, competitor, win ratios…
- Identify list of clients to be interviewed
- Develop 15-20 minute interview questionnaire and script
- Interview clients and sales team
- Prepare report summary report with key findings and recommended corrective actions
- Improved win ratios
- Identification of sales process, sales tool and product/services gaps
- Use quantitative data to improve product road maps, sales hiring and sales training opportunities.